Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Inspires You Wednesday

 
People's Strength


The survivors of the Boston Marathon bombings are what is inspiring me today.

Depending on where you live you may not be getting as much news about them at they move forward in their recoveries, but being just North of Boston we are hearing and seeing their stories. I'm also following several of the survivors on facebook. They're strength and tenacity never cease to amaze me.

I'm happy to report that, in the end, my Grow Love drive to benefit Jeff Bauman, one of the survivors and his fund Bucks For Bauman raised $225. Yay! And thanks to all who bought the print and helped me raise the money. So awesome.

To illustrate the strength I'm talking about, here's a clip of Celeste Corcoran who, like Jeff, lost both of her legs. Celeste got fitted for her legs this week and nothing is going to stop her now.  She walked down the hall on her first try with her new legs.


Here's a clip from Celeste's facebook page. I hope you can view it.

Truly inspiring people.

What's inspiring you?

Ciao for now,





6 comments:

  1. That IS inspiring. I'm not sure I can add or say anything to add to that. People that got knocked down, who dusted themselves off, and, literarily, got back up again. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bang on.

      the stories of all these survivors we're getting over here and truly inspirational and pictures of strength, resilience, definance, grace...............they're all leaning on each other to keep moving forward. it really is quite amazing.

      Delete
  2. I am constantly inspired and awed by the human spirit. Thanks for your wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, sometimes I don't know where people pull a reserve a strength from when they're facing such challenges.

      Delete
  3. Love this post. After visiting Boston last month, I was in awe of how they have all moved on and strengthened as a city. I love the whole "Boston Strong" vibe and it made me want to stand up and fight for what I believe in! Good on 'ya Celeste! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got to visit NYC and Boston on your trip Becc and before you head back downunder. Both very close to my heart. Good on 'ya is right!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...