Monday, May 6, 2013

Grow Love Shipping Day

 
Off They Go
 
I am in the midst of printing and packaging the Grow Love archival prints that were bought in support of my weeklong fundraising effort to benefit  Bucks for Bauman. 
 
 
 
I'll be able to make a donation of over $155 to the fund thanks to the people who bought the Grow Love print. I hope, small though it may be, the donation makes things a little easier in the coming days for Jeff Bauman (one of the Boston bombing survivors).  THANKS to everyone who helped me with this effort - you rock!
 
  

It's a good way to start the week, don't you think?

 
 
 
How was your weekend? Ours was good.  Enjoyed Friday evening with the neighborhoodlums. No campfire I'm afraid, our fire warning was too high. We've had very little rain and a good bit of wind making everything too dry. So we opted for a little youtubing.  Saturday would have been better had our Bruins brought their game to the ice, but they were lacking, which was a real shame considering Jeff Bauman made it to the Garden to be the honorary banner captain. He really got the crowd going!
 
 
Big excitement yesterday, I spent most of the day cleaning up concrete dust leftover from the bathroom shower jackhammer demolition.  We did take time to watch the sun go down from our adirondacks.  Ah, the good life.  What were you up to?
 
Ciao for now,
 


10 comments:

  1. Great job on the prints! I'm sure they will be really grateful.

    I had a nice weekend. We went to the farmer's market, saw Iron Man 3 and then a party in the evening. I also did a bit of shopping to! Just a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm SO grateful for the amazing spirit of the survivors. They are so inspiring. If I can help one of them through my art, and with the help of kind people......it's a good thing!

      Glad you had a good weekend Aylah.....so, what's your review of Iron Man 3....did you like Ben Kingsley? He's so good.

      And a party!!! woohoo!!! I love any good excuse for a party.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Pam. The prints are beautiful, your gesture is lovely and the world is a tiny bit better because you care to make a difference. This is the kind of thing that renews my faith in humanity. Well done!

    I spent Saturday morning with an amazing group of people walking to raise funds for pediatric cancer research. It was humbling and wonderful and our family can't wait to do it again next year.

    Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is one of my best sellers, I've shipped it all over the place.

      Well, look at you.......walking to raise funds!!! AWESOME. it feels good to make a difference where and when we can. Kudos to you and your gang.

      Delete
  3. Great work on the prints Pam. I'm trying to come up with a fundraiser idea for our ACS Relay for Life.... just haven't pinned it down yet.

    A full weekend for me here, bachelorette activities (mom-rated) with my daughters, daughters in law, etc, then off to our church music concert Sat. night . Art in Action in at Macks Apples in Londonderry on Sunday. Today.... puttering :) and watching our stone wall being built and back deck being built. And less than 2 weeks to daughters wedding. Lots, lots, happening!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Construction right before the big day.........aahhh! are you holding it together? how exciting, what a happy time. Macks apples! yum! wow, you had a busy, busy artsy weekend~~ love it. Relay for life........great cause. so nice you're participating Kathy!

      ok, remember to breathe during the next two weeks.................and ENJOY

      Delete
  4. This is so cool. I missed your promotion. I'd like to help. Can I still purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sure can!
      here's a link to the print, since I know it's you, I'll know what it's for!
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/104750289/grow-love-print-print-typography-art?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=grow%2Blove

      Thank YOU!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness what a lovely blog and even lovelier print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessandra for the kind words and for stopping by. love your blog too. if I was only closer to VA, I'd be coming to a workshop!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...