Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easy Strawberry Smoothie

 
Breakfast, Lunch, Snack? Strawberry Fields Forever
 
I love a smoothie. I also love a frozen drink and I'm not sure if one has to do with the other, but I'm just throwing that out there.
 
I'd been hankering a smoothie and when I went to the grocery store I knew I wanted to make my two stand-bys: Green Bliss Smoothie, which I posted last Summer, and Strawberry. 
 
Perhaps I should call it a Strawberry Banana Smoothie because I had bananas on hand and I threw one in. However, if you're not a banana person, just up the strawberry count. No worries.
 
Oh yeah. That's what I'm talking about.
 
 
So, this is easy. Really. There's no need to get uptight and be all worried because you didn't make it just so. If need be, you can adjust.
 
Strawberry Smoothie
 
6 large strawberries (9-10 if you're not going to use banana)
1 banana
1 cup of ice
1/4 cup of plain non fat yogurt
3 tbs of honey-more if you like it extra sweet
(you can also use a splash of OJ for added sweetness)
 
Wash strawberries.  Put everything in blender and........you guessed it, blend. If you are using the OJ, put that in first because if you pour it in over the ice, it makes the ice stick together and harder to blend.
 
This made enough for me to have 3 10 oz tumblers full.
 
 
You may have noticed a little bit of green in the smoothie. Well, one of my friends, and I can't remember who, threw the entire strawberry in- leaves and all- when we were making daiquiris, and I thought......why not? It doesn't make it bitter so what the heck. If you don't want a leafy smoothie, just cut the tops off before you throw them in the blender.
 
Now, get that blender out and have at it.
 
Enjoy.
 
Gray as all get out here today. They're even predicting snow. In fact, I just felt the temp drop so I believe it. Not exactly what we want to hear, but since I've had a week's break in building the fire, I guess we can handle it. It's an excuse to have 'one more fire' for the season. If we're lucky.
 
Carpe diem!
 
Ciao for now,
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Strawberry Smoothies are always a summer favorite!
    I'm a new GFC follower, stopping by from EBT.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks so much for stopping by! glad you found me.

      you're blog is rocking and rolling! nice post on the books.

      Delete
  2. I love smoothies...and frozen drinks! I think strawberries are my favorite smoothie ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, strawberries in just about anything is a good thing.

      Delete
  3. Sounds Yummy!!! I'm getting back into the smoothie rountine ... it's a great way to get fruit into your day. Thanks for sharing the recipe....xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it? good as a late afternoon snack too when the hungries or brain fog start getting you.

      Delete
  4. My husband makes these! He bought me a bullet blender, but he uses it. But it is OK, because he gets more fruit down that way! Only he leaves out the honey--he's diabetic--can't have too much of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered how those bullet blenders worked. I'll assume ok since your husband is hogging it. :)

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...