Thursday, June 7, 2012

Take Time


A Rose Is A Rose

Just a reminder today to not miss the small things. Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

The moster rose bush by our front door is about to burst. Had I known how big it would get, I wouldn't have planted it where people could get mauled. Of course, this forces visitors to our house to stop and smell the flowers.



We're off the to city. If I can figure out how to post via my phone, you may hear from me. If I can't, I'll be back at it on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of your week and the weekend.

Sunset Meadows

Now, I know the phone lines are in this sunset shot, but sometimes I like the way they frame it.



Peace out,

12 comments:

  1. people and nature, learing to live together. great sunset! and there is nothing better then the smell of roses, except maybe honeysuckle, or lilacs, or.... :~)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the truth. people and nature.

      add peonies to that list (though lilacs are my absolute favorite). the smell of the peonies filled my house last week. heavenly.

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful sunset!! Wishing you a lovely weekend, Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, it's a free show probably 75% of the time. we're so blessed to have this little corner of the world and the field across the street is conserved so there won't ever be buildings in way. so lucky.

      Delete
  3. Your rose is absolutely gorgeous! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, i do just about nothing to this rose bush. give it a trim every year. keep an eye on for aphids and if i see them a little rose spray. done. it is a silly blooming fool.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. we got home from NYC last night and in a few short days it is now in full bloom.

      Delete
  5. It kills me when there's a phone line in front of a sweet shot...but I agree with you on this shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, most of the time I don't even really see them anymore. then once in awhile they frame things nicely.

      Delete
  6. loving the roses - and kind of smiling to myself, as I was working with pink flowers all of friday but I've only just read this post now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see what 'pink' things you were working on!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...