Thursday, May 30, 2013

Take A Walk With Us



Dewy Morning

It rained last night, with thunder and lighting. The air became quite heavy. You could feel it rolling in. We woke to fog. Then the sun started to let itself be known.


I crept into our neighbors Jay and Lauren's yard. Their bleeding hearts, rhubarb were calling.




The perennial geraniums and strawberries are Jay and Lauren's too. Nice to have such a pretty view right next door.






I wore my wellies, but should have tucked my pants in better. They were soaked by the time I came back in.

Everything was covered in droplets.


This sight ended my walk on a happy note.


Our Seckel pears are growing. If only they didn't take so long to mature.

Have you been noticing things are starting to bloom and grow? I love this time of year. Each time you go outside, there is something new to discover.

Apparently Summer is supposed to roll in today. A change from most of last week and this past weekend which saw many of us with our heat on. I'm not kidding. It snowed in parts of NH this weekend. Today, it may hit 90 and it is already quite humid. Too bad the pool isn't even close to ready. We better get on that.

Busy day today, so it was nice to start it out with a very early, quiet walk-about.  I'll be ending my day with the Bookclub/Champagne Ladies. Payoff for a hard day's work.

What's happening in your world?

Ciao for now,

 
 




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I especially love the bleeding hearts. We've had a lot of rain here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the leaf with the droplets and the sun shining through! As always, gorgeous photos.
    I can't believe we are going from heat on to a heat wave in a matter of hours! I'm getting ready for the humidity :( We are headed to Cape Cod to our camper for a week, the ocean will be cold but maybe a quick dunk will cool us off. Praying that our camper a/c is working !!!
    And maybe I'll get a chance to begin another painting.
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. supposed to get around 90 today. what the heck is up with that. I'll say this, the air is heavy and the heat rising, but there is a nice breeze making it quite nice for the moment.

      I hope you ac is working. told Gman that he needed to bring the AC up.....for the dog! he's an old boy.

      Have fun at the cape and DO get your brushes out!

      Delete
  3. beautiful pictures!! I love all of the closeups of the water. Amazing. This week has been pretty busy for me. I had several custom orders to complete and then I got 2 new orders and I'm also back in school so I had homework to do as well! I did not manage my time very well so I plan to do much better this upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...