Friday, May 31, 2013

Small Bit Of Taunting

Bookclub Champagne Ladies

It was a night with the gals last night. We enjoyed the warm weather and beautiful night sky out on Pearl's back deck.

As indicated by the title, we did have Champagne. We don't call ourselves the Champagne Ladies for nothing.

We also had homemade lamb meatbals ala Soy Goddess, an olive tray and I made a squash and homemade ricotta terrine.

So pretty.



Even prettier?

Pearl made lobster salad. I didn't even close to finishing mine. I mean, look at all that lobster!



Oh man.

Could it get better?

Well let's put it this way, I didn't get a picture but Martha made the most divine rhubarb crumble complete with crystalized ginger in the topping.

It was all heavenly.


Freeform Friday

My parent's sent over an early (a month early) 25th anniversary present yesterday. Tickets to see my men, Billy Idol and Steven Stevens on Sunday night. Nothing I like better than Billy singing and Steve whaling on the guitar.  Thanks Mom and Dad, you ROCK! We are psyched. Here's on of their more mellow tunes. Love this one. Many memories. Click here if you're reading by email.



I'm off to play hooky by the seaside.

Make it a great day, it's a great day to have.

Ciao for now,





3 comments:

  1. wow, it looks like you had an awesome time. friends are nice, good friends with food are even better. :0)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look tasty. I can't eat either because I'm allergic to both soy and lobster. But they are nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh GOD! It's morning here and I just woke up with an empty stomach and a dreadful headache. You have no idea what those pictures did to me.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...