Friday, July 29, 2011

Flowers for You

Floral Comeback

On my stop at the antique store the other day when I found the botanical print for Bates Mercantile Co., I also came away with something for myself. A silk floral pillowcase.  So sweet.  I've always loved floral prints. You know, the ones that used to be splashed all over the pages of Victoria Magazine before it's demise (and recent return). I was an avid reader and I still have stacks of old issues in my attic. If Victoria is making a comeback, maybe that means floral is too as it seems to have fallen out of favor with many 'in the know'. Whether it is or isn't 'in style', it's happily making an appearance in my home.



To me, a floral like this is classic. It can be mixed with all types of styles- bohemian, elegant, country, or Paris apartment chic. It never goes out of style, though others may disagree. It's romantic. Does romance ever go out of style? 

Here's some pretty floral items I found on etsy. Just in time for the new floral revolution!


Copyright TheGreedySeagull 2011

I found these utterly 80s Lord & Taylor shoes in TheGreedySeagull's shop. Love 'em. Not sure I could pull them off, but they're 'all that and more' when it comes to floral.


Just look at this bowl from DownEastAttic (quick shout out to my neighbor to the north....Hello Portland!).  Oh-so-pretty and just love the handles.


Copyright DownEastAttic 2011

And the things I could do with this vintage queen sheet (pillow case, duvet cover, curtains, a throw, chair cover.......the list goes on) from thisOtherthing.



Copyright thisOtherthing 2011
And if you don't think you can pull of the shoes either (though I think they would even look pretty just sitting on the floor next to a vanity), how about these earrings from isheshop.


Copyright isheshop 2011


And here's a little number from Bates Mercantile Co.  So sweet, I can hardly stand it.



Copyright BatesMercantileCo. 2011

So, what do you think about chintz and floral trends in general? Are they an on and off again trend, or are the classic and here to stay?

More flowers tomorrow when I show the 'after' pictures of my east garden, complete with my now blooming Rose of Sharon.

For now, I leave you with last night's Sunset Meadows sky taken by the G-man himself.  I was busy in the pool. Hey, somebody has to do it.


A lovely soft glow.

Enjoy your Friday. What plans do you have for the weekend? I'm just hoping we are able to get my office shelves up. That alone will make me happy.

Have a great day in your corner of the world.


6 comments:

  1. I am totally coveting those shoes! I'm not typically a floral fan, but those are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily pull those off Melanie! They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela, I'm your newest follower from Etsy Teams. I look forward to reading your posts.

    www.simplymadebyerin.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin- Thanks so much for stopping by. Etsy has the most creative people I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Pamela, lovely floral finds - Oh how I want that bowl now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Loddelina!! I thought you on vacation? Hope you're enjoying it, and perhaps having one of those awesome lunches...........Thanks for swinging in.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...