Friday, May 16, 2014

Freeform Friday

Don't Miss These

Hi gang. Good news! It's Friday. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

The rest of the week is behind us and the weekend lies ahead, but before we go there here's some links to peruse while you catch up on things over the next couple of days.

A lovely post on LOVE over on Strong Southerly.

Take a thrifting trip to Goodwill with Sam on the Junk House. I totally would have scored those blue willow mugs.


As a work-at-homer for the last 20 years, this post on setting deadlines by Angela at if found, make, spoke to me. I might have to do a post of my own on making it work when working from home, especially since it's a question I'm asked on a regular basis.

Oh, and have I told you lately that I love..........eggs? I know, you thought I was going to say you. And I'm here to tell you, that I'm awfully fond of the latter, but I can say with certainty I am an egg gal. Omelettes are my favorite so I had to smile when I thought about Diana trying to master an omelette this weekend. My tip, don't be afraid to make a mistake! After all, it's just an egg. And I'd go with Julia's technique. No fear.

Did you see yesterday's post? I definitely don't want you to miss the CREATE challenge  no. 1!  Are you in?



Freeform Friday

How about something classic to start us off? Well, at least in my book. The man in black and his lovely wife. Other than the fact that Johnny has a little cough in this, these two really know how to rip it up. Click here if reading via email.




Let's follow that up by something new my best pal Tina sent me this morning. An Irish lad, Hozier, I'd yet to hear of, who did quite well in his performance on Letterman. I think his voice is wonderful. Click here if you're reading via email.



Hozier performs ~ Late shows with David Letterman by HumanSlinky
 


For us, this weekend starts with a night out to dinner with my parents to the 40th annual opening of a beach institution- Mama Leone's. It's like 'Old Home Day' and there are always lots of old beach friends to chat to when Mama's opens for the season.  It's old school, no fuss Italian, complete with park benches in the waiting area. You just have to love it.  I'll also be working a bit at my desk, raking after the rain is done, and perhaps we'll be able to get a campfire in tomorrow night if the rain ends in time.  I won't be watching any hockey playoff games with my Bs in them. We lost game seven to our rivals the other night, so we won't be moving on to the final round. It was quite sad after the season we had (best record in NHL), but these things happen. No Stanley Cup for us this year. What's happening in your world?

Ciao for now,

12 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to see my post included in your links. Thanks!! :) And I HAD missed your create challenge, so I'm going to check that out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. more than welcome Angela! have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for including my shopping trip in your links! Those blue willow mugs were pretty amazing. A trip to Mama Leone's sounds like an amazing way to start the weekend. We're actually getting out of town for a couple days and heading down to Kartchner Caverns and Tombstone! It'll be a Wild West weekend for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds like awesome weekend plans. take pictures!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including Strongsoutherly too. Love is all around. He hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fuss Italian sounds perfect! Worked this morning and started reading a new book in the sun on my balcony. Not much going on here, but sometimes that's all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a balcony? How wonderful! What are you reading? I'm between books. I have three books to choose from for next read The Book Thief (christmas gift from g), A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home (a christmas gift from parents) and The Story of Goody Cole (from my parents too). Goody Cole was a 'so called' witch from my hometown who was actually tried at the Salem Witch Trials. Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have two (tiny) balconies! I am reading a streetcat named Bob. It's about a streetcat, named Bob, and his human. It's a perfect summer read. I should be reading more often. If only there were more hours in a day...

      Delete
    2. just looked up your book..........that sounds like a very sweet story. and yes, pets can change your life! two balconies (tiny or not)- nice there is enough room to sit and read a book. have a great week Marieken!

      Delete
  6. Aww...thanks so much for including my post, sweetie. The eggs were scrumptious and I love your tip! Hope you had a wonderful time on Friday and happy Monday, sunshine. xo

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...