Thursday, May 2, 2013

Still Life: Wildflower

 
Spring Whites
 
I was out in the yard collecting whatever was blooming for some little vases and a touch of color, when I spied this pretty little flower just over the stone wall in the woods.
 
 


 
 


Lovely, isn't it? I'll have to search around to see if I can find out what it is.

Still Life is one of my Pinterest boards. Sometimes we're rushing and time is going so fast that we forget there is much beauty to behold in still life.

If we're not connected on Pinterest yet, you can find me here.



I also found our lone tulip in bloom. There used to be many more, but the critters have taken care of them in the last couple of years. I guess I'll have to plant some more.




Enjoy this Spring day if you're in our hemisphere, and if you're not, perhaps it's time to start a fire and enjoy what the cooler weather brings.

Make it a good one wherever you are.

Ciao for now,

 
 
PS- one day left to purchase my Grow Love print to support Bucks for Bauman, a fund set up to assist Boston bombing survivor Jeff Bauman. Thank you SO much to all those who have supported this effort. It's nice to do something to help someone who will be facing many challenges in the days ahead, yet still exudes such a positive spirit. 

8 comments:

  1. Love the little white flower!!!!! Still Life paintings and photos have always caught my eye =) The Tulip is just gorgeous!! Have a wonderful weekend lady! Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! how are you? sounds like you've been busy busy mamacita what with the shower and endless stream of bdays. isn't that flower so sweet? I love woodland discoveries. yes....my one and only tulip this year. definitely planting more bulbs in the fall because I really love them in spring.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. well coming for such a wonderful photographer as yourself, that means a lot. thanks.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! We finally have some trees blooming around here, but of course none of them are in our yard. Maybe some will fall off and blow over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they are blooming? thought maybe entire trees had wilted from all that rain you had. We have a few flowering trees.....one that I've yet to identify. They sure are pretty.

      Delete
  4. I really like your still life pictures Pam - they are very restful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to remember to sometimes be still. I did that the other day while sitting at the ocean's edge and it did wonders for the soul.

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...