Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Something Caught My Eye: Etsy Style

1980s Red Pumps Mary Janes

Favorite Finds: The Holiday Season Has Begun 

As the chill starts to fill the air, our thoughts turn to the upcoming holiday season.  Funny thing is, our weather is all over the place and today it may even reach 70F.  Go figure. 

Regardless, I'm in the mood to promote the wonderful things you can find on etsy from artisans, crafters and vintage purveyors alike, just in time for the holiday season.  Because whether it's a blizzard (like our Halloween was) or 70 degrees (like today might be), it's time to start your holiday shopping.

Here are some favorite finds that caught my eye from fellow esty shop owners. Take a look around, and if you have a moment, visit their shops. You could end up crossing some things off your list early, and wouldn't that be nice? Better to get it done early, so you can really kick back and enjoy the holidays. 



1. lovely white vintage egg cups from all things white   
2. art for your pocket art-zine by eveyinorbitshop  
3. where are the dancers? before the ball photograph from FleurBonheur    
4. gorgeous vintage enamel ceiling medalion from oddandold
5. romantic jane austen inspired handmade card from haleyspaperlove
6. a funky old german accordian from rockyspringsvintage 
7. little red riding hood, another wonderful moody scene set by Yann Pendaries and photography dream  
8. solid shampoo that's pure as the driven snow, like all of the bodycare products from  milkandhoneynaturals 
9.  a lovely crocheted rose lariat necklace from the talented Marci of 3pearls 
10. oh how happy you'll be wearing vintage red maryjanes from poseyandpoppy 
11. store all your treasures in this chippy, vintage trunk from harrismarkshome 
12. maple marshmallows that look almost too pretty to eat from whimsyandspice 
13. ah, the empire state where we had our first date. pillow with city style by nesta home 

Do you have a mission for your holiday shopping this year? I'll say it again, my mission is to continue to buy local, buy handmade, support fellow etsy shops and make some gifts with my own hands, as I usually do. 

Printer Table Is Done

Our new printer table is complete and in place. It fits perfectly.  Like I said, it's a basic workhorse. It has to be, my office/studio corner is not very big so it has to really suit my needs.  I painted it grayish-blue, then another coat of creamy taupe over the top and distressed a bit so the gray showed through.


Hey, did I tell you about the lucky porcelain 'p as in pamela' ball I found on my birthday? Sa-weet!

Today I'm finally installing the new Epson printer, now that I have a place to put it. Fingers crossed it all goes well and we'll be offering gallery quality archival prints of my illustrations in our shop, Bates Mercantile Co., starting tomorrow. Have I told you how excited I am? 

Sunrise Meadows

I neglected to get a shot of last night's sunset, which I have to say was a very pretty soft pink.  However, this is what greeted me through my bedroom window this morning.


What a nice way to start the day.

Be sure to stop by the Muse tomorrow, as our 3rd Gotta Have It Shop & Blog Link Up Party starts for those of you who have online stores and/or blogs. It's a great way FREE way to reach out to new people and promote your stuff.

Enjoy your Tuesday in your corner of the world, and I'll do the same here.



12 comments:

  1. what a lovely blog!!! so pleased to be included today- thank you.

    off to explore your previous posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooooove vintage shoes! Thank you for including me with such amazing finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog
    i'll be back
    and
    merci beaucoup
    for the
    include
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple marshmallows??? Oh, please, oh, please! I love all things maple....great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including my art zine. I'm loving the style of your blog, and look forward to getting to know you.

    My plan for this shopping season is pretty much like yours. If I cannot make it, I will buy handmade.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing such great finds.....cute stuff...hope your day is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. more than welcome featured favorite finds! great stuff.

    courtney jo, i can just see you chasing the boys in those red mary janes! LOL.

    Kristen, I never would have thought of maple marshmallows.......but I bet they're heavenly.

    Evey, i LOVE your artwork. I checked out your website and your store again. So talented!

    Thanks for stopping by today Teresa.....my day has been great. My new printer is up and running. Wahooli!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous collection of finds! Love them all and thank you so much for including my necklace here. Woohoo for a new printer!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing your reader the wonderful, old accordion. It is such a treasure.

    Stop by for a visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for for including me, I put it up on my Facebook page as well!

    -hayley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finds, Pamela! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...