Thursday, April 17, 2014

Worth A Look

Links To Link

Hi gang? How goes it? Today, I can say, most of the snow we woke up to yesterday morning has melted. Can I get an amen on that one? Amen and Halleluiah. If it only felt more like spring........ah well, the sun is shining the sky is blue.........all is right with the world.

You know when you're looking for one thing on the web, you can get easily distracted by something else, and then something else? Before you know it, it's like your missed your connecting flight to Phoenix, boarded a different plane altogether and ended up in New Zealand. Then, you have no idea how you really got there, but you're like this new hitch in your plans none the less.

Well, that's how I found these links that I think you'll find to be worth a look. I wasn't really looking for them, but I found them.  Check 'em out.........

I regret to say that I had not heard of madesmith previous to stumbling upon their site.  I'm not sure why as it is totally in line with my thinking. Here's a little excerpt from their site: 

"We believe in 'buy less, buy well'. By knowing where our things come from and who makes them, not only do we cherish the things we have, we also become more aware of the environmental impact of our purchases. Through connecting with the makers, we support our local communities and preserve the craftsmanship that becomes part of our everyday culture. Madesmith brings you the stories of makers and designers who produce handmade objects sustainably."
 

http://www.madesmith.com/

The makesmith site is beautiful to look at the stories of the makers full of variety and quite interesting to read.

Have you heard of Rena Tom? Rena is what she refers to herself as a 'serial entrepreneur, and in fact founded the makeshift society- 'a co-working space and clubhouse for creatives in San Francisco'.  She is also a creative consultant. Today I came across this article Rena wrote about transparency in your business and marketing.


http://blog.renatom.net/2013/07/22/is-transparency-in-your-toolkit/


Very interesting topic and she brings up some great points that should be considered by creative business owners and business owners in general.

Have you found anything lately (online or off) that you weren't looking, but felt was worth the detour? 

Ah Thursday. Friday is just a day away.  Make it a fantastic kind of day, won't you?

Ciao for now,




6 comments:

  1. no detours for me (except your blog) today. my laptop breathed it's last, so I'm a-hunting....
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now THAT is a bummer..................good luck hunting.

      Delete
  2. The link's not working here, so after googling I got to find the Madesmith sign, the shop looks like a very, very dangerous place ;-) I like the idea of ending up in a foreign place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Marieken.....off to fix the link.

      wonderful craftspeople/artisans on the site for sure

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing those links, I love the Madesmith website everything is so beautiful.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...