Monday, February 10, 2014

From The Kitchen: Banana Bread

The Man Can Bake

I'm writing this post for Monday, on Sunday. I've been at my desk working today trying to get a head start on the week. While I was working away, G took to the kitchen. He's been wanting to make use of the old bananas we've had in the freezer and bake some banana bread.

Mind you, this doesn't happen often, but perhaps it should. 

This is good banana bread!


Not easy doing a photo shoot of a fresh baked banana bread when what you really want to do is eat it.

But I wanted you guys to see how good it came out. Just perfect. 


Hello butter. Because every slice of hot out of the oven banana bread requires some pats of butter melting into it. It wouldn't be right otherwise.



OK, we held out long enough. Time to taste..............






As good as it looks. Delicious. Well done Babe! When are you baking again?


Gar's Classic Banana Bread

4 Bananas (over-ripe is best)
1/3 cup melted butter

1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1.5 cups of flour

Mash/mix bananas and butter in mixing bowl.  Add sugar, vanilla and baking soda. Mix well.  Add flour and mix until all is incorporated.  Pour mix into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350F for one hour.  Let rest 5 minutes.



Give it a try, we think you'll like as much as we do.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Ours was fairly quiet.  Friday we went out to eat with my parents and sister and had a good few laughs.  Saturday, we stayed close to home and watched the Bruins in the afternoon and old movies at night.  Sunday was another home day, my desk and G baking the bread. I did catch some of the ski jump competition this morning (they are crazy! talk about no fear) and hoping to catch something else.  I really enjoy watching all of the Olympians compete. They've worked so hard to get there. I did see some of the opening ceremonies and my favorite part were the lit up wireframes of athletes and the little girl with the red balloon flying high above the stadium. Do you watch the Olmpics? What's your favorite event?

Here's to a great week.

Ciao for now,







10 comments:

  1. Absolutely delicious! Great pictures Pamela…I wish I could just reach over the monitor! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a piece of that bread! So far, I watched speed skating and a bit of figure skating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you'll have to wait until he bakes the next loaf. it's gone. gone. gone. we shared with our neighbor friend who always brings us treats ;) I caught the USA women's hockey against Swiz today. I felt so bad for their goalie. We won 9-0. Also watched the women's biathalon sprint (talk about full throttle....they all collapsed as soon as they got to the line) and the men's luge. more insane people!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. it's not something Gar does often, but after the banana bread, I wish he did. ;)

      Delete
  4. The bread looks perfect and I just happen to have some over-ripe bananas . . . maybe I'll whip up some bread as I watch Olympic coverage this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. over ripe bananas? get to it Kerry! you are good to go. I'm waiting or tomorrow morning's women's hockey match up between USA and Canada! should be good. watched a bit last night and I'll watch again today too.........I can't get enough of the stuff~!

      Delete
  5. So well done:) I love banana bread so much and I actually made one too on Sunday:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great minds think alike Diana! I love the smell of banana bread baking.......heavenly. And of course, then comes a warm piece with butter on top......so good.

      Delete
  6. I just saw this post and it's a coincidence because I'm making a banana bread right now!! I added cinnamon and raisins in too just to change it up a bit. It's making the apartment smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...