Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What Inspires You Wednesday

Handmade Holidays



I'm always inspired to make something handmade for the holidays. Whether it is something to decorate with, give as a gift, or eat remains to be seen. Truth be told, it's usually all three.

I know we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but the hustle and bustle will soon be upon us and there is no time like the present to mull over some Christmas crafting ideas.

On that note, here's volume 1 of crafting the holidays which features DIY holiday projects that inspire me to get my craft on. I'd be happy to make any of these to display in my home or give as gifts this season.



1. advent calendar via petitpoulou
2. rosemary wreath via the pretty blog photos by susand brand
3. doily gift card envelope via homelife photo by amanda mclaughlan
4. cyprus in a mug via designsponge
5. glitter pinecones via miss mustard seed
6. wood garland via the house that lars built
To me, these Christmas crafts speak to the simplicity that the holidays should embody. You won't find me standing in line waiting for some store to open to get the best deal of the year. I'd much rather be at home, sitting by the woodstove with a cup of hot chocolate making something special for the people I love.

It's a brisk day here today, but the sun is shining. I can see a short walk with the dog in my future. I think I'll take along a bag and see what I can find for this year's holiday crafts.

Ciao for now,

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...