Friday, August 9, 2013

Summer In Spite of The Rain


Pinning The Summer Season

When the weather goes south on you (like today's downpours) during the summer season, what's a girl to do.

Why dream of the things of summer, of course and pinterest is the perfect place for doing that.

Here's some of my pins that say summer to me.


Surfboard via style files. I have never surfed. If I could try without anybody watching, that'd be great. I'm not big on learning how to do things in front of other people. So silly, but that's the way it is. But I sure wish I knew how.

Refrigerator pickles via a country farmhouse. Have I told you I'm pickle freak? Well, give me a garlic dill and I am one happy girl.  These are a must try when I get some cukes from the neighbors or the farmers market.

Swimming ladies via flip schulke. Now I don't wear a pretty flower cap like some of these ladies, but I am often doing pool exercises. Only wish they looked like they were making a difference.  You didn't think I just floated around in the pool all the time, did you?



A postcard from Italy via 79ideas. Hell, a post card from any beach anywhere (though Italy would be especially nice). Kick off those flip flops and dive in!

A bourbon root beer vanilla float via sulia. Um, can't say I'm a bourbon girl, but this concoction almost has me convinced to give it a try.

Strawberry sour cream ice cream via Katie at the Kitchen Door. Have I told you I'm an ice cream freak? Well, give me a bowl and I'm one happy girl. Sound familiar? It's my favorite dessert hands down.  It's probably why the pool exercises aren't making any great strides thus far.




Freeform Friday

You should have guessed, right? Click here if you're reading via email.





It's a rainy Friday here, but yesterday wasn't as bad as they thought. The neighborhoodlums invaded last night for some wine and beer in the screen tent. Thank goodness for the screen tent, another favorite thing of summer. We wouldn't be able to sit out and enjoy the evening without it.

Gar is holding out hope that the rain lets up for a campfire, but I'm not so sure.

Whatever happens, it's Friday. It's summer. And that's a good thing in my book.


Make it a great one!

Ciao for now,







1 comment:

  1. I'm south of you, and our weather stinks too...rain all week, ugh. my pool is turning green from the rain and heat. and I'll take one of those root bear floats - minus the alcohol, please. :-)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...