Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Inspired Design: Simplicity

Finding Project Inspiration

I've been working on some packaging design for one of my clients, Skin Remedy, whose logo redesign I recently completed and which I blogged about here and here. To be specific, I'm working on a label design that will work for Justine's bespoke skin care line that she formulates and custom blends for each client (seriously, whish I lived in San Francisco just so I could go have a facial with Justine....oh, and because it's surely a lot warmer there today than it is here).  My inspiration for the design is simplicity. Probably with an apothecary twist, but the base is about simplicity.

I love that simple things can speak volumes without saying saying a lot, without cluttering the spectrum with too much.....well, too much anything.

 



sel du jardinier photographed by Lauren Michelle via love, loans and linen; twisted trees via Michael Faudet; magnifying glass via goodsie; pink cider via actiz


There is a lot to love there including the poem......swoon.



Sunset Meadows

We're so lucky when we get a stretch of pretty sunsets. Though last night's wasn't as showy as the night before, it was lovely in its own right.




I have a lot more than the packaging design on my plate today, but in deference to simplicity, I'm taking it one thing at a time.

How about you? What are you focused on today?

However you're spending your time, enjoy.

Ciao for now,


1 comment:

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...