Friday, January 18, 2013

Take A Walk With Us



Get Your Snow Boots On

I just love when you wake up, like yesterday, to freshly fallen snow that has just enough moisture in it to make it stick to everything. It's like a fairyland.

I went to grab my camera and my battery was dead. Say it ain't so!

I stuck it on the charge and a few minutes later I saw my neighbor Fred heading over towards the field with his camera in his hand. 

How dare he beat me to it! I yelled out the door......'Fred, that's not fair. My battery is charging.' Then I tapped my foot. Like watching a pot waiting for water to boil.

I could take no more. I stuck that battery in and was out the door on a wing and a prayer.

This is what Black Eyed Susans look like in Winter. 


Ah. Sparkling fairy dust snow.



The sun was seriously bright.


Not to be outdone by the Black Eyed Susans, Queen Anne's Lace in Winter.



Fred beating me to it. The absolute gall.


Sparkles.


I hope you enjoyed this little snowy sojourn.


What's New

It's something I do for my 3D business. Design, design, design. Brochures, ads, logos....the list goes on. I've had some logo design available in our etsy shop, Bates Mercantile Co., but I've been working on adding to it over the past week.

So, in case you didn't know, and you or someone you know needs a logo for your shop or business, I handle custom designs and also offer premade logos that are customoized with your name. Easy and affordable. An easy and affordable option.  You can also purchase an add on to make your premade logo 'one of a kind' and exclusively yours.



Different styles for different types of business.




I draw them all myself in Illustrator.

I'm attached at the hip to Illustrator...........in case I haven't mentioned it before. The extra bulk at my hips has nothing to do with too many cookies, it's all Illustrators fault, being attached at my hip and all.


Can I just say, I LOVE that one.  Wouldn't it be perfect for a shop with a nautical focus?

So, that's what I've been busy doing. My organizing? Um.Can't say I'm doing as well as I'd like on that front.

What have  you been up to?


Freeform Friday

This was an easy pick today, for obvious reasons. Fellow 80s peeps, you probably remember this one.  "A dreaded sunny day, so I'll meet you at the cemetry(sic) gates.  Keats and Yates are on your side."  Thank so The Smiths. Thank you Mr. Morrisey. Thanks for taking me back.  If you're reading by email, click here.



Burgers on the grill with snow boots on is our big plan for tonight. And yours?

Ciao for now,


PS- Just a couple of birthday shoutouts........Mrs. Mojito turned the big 40 this week--- Happy birthday girlfriend! Andrea at Strong Southerly celebrated her bday the same day. Happy Birthday from Wintery New Hampshire to sunny down under! And Kaitlyn at Three Sisters and Us turns 25 today.....stop by wish her a happy, happy!





6 comments:

  1. I am cleaning up my emails and unsubscribing from those I don't read. Yours was one of those until I actually read (this) one. I have been automatically deleting your emails because I thought it was a shopping newsletter. Silly me!
    I will be reading your emails from now on. I pinned one of your photos (Sparkles) on my board called Colour.
    Phew - that was close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that was a close call for sure.

      Perhaps I need to change the title so when it comes into someone's mailbox it doesn't get confused with a shopping email!

      Delete
  2. love the pictures, especially the cemetary. I love visiting cemetaries, the older the better.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a small plot with the Wiggin family, one of Stratham's founders. I have yet to open the gate and walk in, but I think it's past time to investigate closer. I can't read all the stones from the gate.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore the logo with the whale on it. Simple and perfect. We just got more snow today but yours much more sparkly. Thanks for the views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! We may get more snow overnight. I'm up for it!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...