Monday, August 22, 2011

Crystal Clear........another collection.


I started collecting Waterford Crystal by accident really. It all started when we got married and one of our wedding guests gave us a lovely Waterford tumbler.  See it in the back?


I loved that the tag that came with it said something to the effect of, 'use it everyday so you can enjoy it's beauty. It's not meant to sit in cupboard. You are meant to enjoy it.". I took the tag to heart and used that darn tumbler as our toothbrush holder in our apartment. Until I informed Gar and my best friend Tina months later that it was Waterford and they both looked at me with huge eyes, and said at the same time, "Do you know how many times I've knocked that thing over?".  Today, it's still on my bathroom vanity in our home, but it just looks pretty and doesn't hold toothbrushes anymore.

I love the work that goes into each piece.  We found the Waterford factory tour quite impressive.

Like this beautiful vase, that was fashioned after a castle. Check out the top. 



Love this little ginger jar.  It currently sits next to one of my favorite vintage pics.



I like the juxtaposition of the stately crystal, next to 'Bossy & Bossy, 1937', as it reads on the back of the photo in pencil.  That cracks me right up. Very cheeky.



I've got at least 4 pieces of crystal on my dresser. So pretty to hold my jewelry. 

This is only a smattering of what I have. It's become quite a large collection with lots being given to us by our Irish family, and much being given to me at Christmas over the years by the Gman and my parents.  Maybe someday we'll be able to retire on it. OK, maybe not.

I told you about my tins, and now my Waterford collection. I know I'm not the only one who has multiple collections........so fess up, what do you collect?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sunset Meadows

On the way to our friend Pearl's party the other night, I had to pull over as soon as I'd pulled the car out of the drive. It was killing Gar. Too bad, I just had to have a shot of this sunset. It looked like heaven was talking. And this doesn't even really capture how impressive it really was.


When we got to Exeter, there were streams of light shooting up from the top of the cloud. Quite pretty.

By the way, I neglected to tell you the bonus feature to Pearl's party. They hired a car service to cart all of the party goes home. Yeehaw cowgirl. That made us all happy campers.

Hope it's a great Monday in your part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...