Thursday, July 18, 2013

From The Desk Of Pamela J. Bates

Logo Design: Dalton Lane Portrait Co.

I've had the pleasure of working with some really wonderful people lately, a good majority of them young women business owners.  I just love that.

One of them in particular is Jessica of Dalton Lane Portrait Co.

You'd never guess it by looking at her work, but Jessica just picked up a camera three years ago! Say what?

Her husband was deployed in Iraq and she was home with their two little ones. When she got the news that her husband Jessi would be part of the biggest troop movement in history, from Iraq to Afghanastan, Jessica was watching the news every night trying to get a glimpse of him. She thought, if one picture could mean this much to me, a photograph must mean the same to others.

Jessica found me via our etsy shop, Bates Mercantile Co., and I'm so glad she did. She'd already tried a multitude of logos, but was striking out. None were truly what she wanted them to say about her business or where she wanted her business to go. She wanted a mix of Classic Americana, with a hint of Irish in the form of a shamrock, since her studio loft/home is located on N. Irish Street.

It doesn't happen often, but she loved one of the first initial drafts I presented to her. She honestly couldn't believe it. Neither could her husband. Jessica told me she'd been through too many logos to even count and was just beside herself that I was able to design something that really spoke to her on the first go round. 

The only thing we really changed other minor tweaking, was the color. She'd been thinking about navy and red, but had just finished painting the studio organic gray and wanted it all to be cohesive.

This is where we ended up.



When I get messages like this from my clients - " I LOVE it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it." - it sure does make my day.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job and working with people like Jessica.

I am currently finalizing a logo for another young business owner in Indiana.  Lo and behold, it's another design that worked out on the first go round.  I'll be sharing that with you soon.

Beyond that, there is a mad gang of neighboorhoodlum marauders in the pool out back.  Neighbors Sandee and Gerry just jumped in with their grandchildren. Glad somebody is swimming around in this heat!

What's happening in your world?

Have a fantastic day.

Ciao for now,



3 comments:

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...