Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pin Worthy

 
In The Home

If you're like me, you pin a wide variety of things on pinterest from art, to colors, patterns, nature, photography....the list goes on.

I am always pinning a lot of home decor and designs I think I might be able to pull off.

Here's some I'm really digging.

 





Let me just put it out there. I like color. I really, really like it.

I've tried to go neutral...my kitchen is painted in neutrals, but when I do, it's not long before I add a splash of color. Other places in our home are painted in bolder colors, like the lounge which is a bright olive-y green. I love neutrals, but I always end up needing some pow-factor.
I think that's why I'm drawn to all of these.

{top left: happy seating area via shopsocietysocial }

I love the juxtaposition of the worn wood wall (something I have planned for at least part of what we call our 'ensuite bath to be'...the tub is in but it's not even close to being hooked up) combined with the bright pops of colors, and the classic sofa and tables. It's an unexpected combination but it works.

{top right: ‘green living room’ via designlovefest}

Call me a stalker, but I love just about anything Emily Henderson touches (part of it is because everything she touches is designed and styled beautifully, but thoughtfully as well and always livable). She pulled this living room together for her friend, and I love the plants and the way they show off the light even more, the colors (swooning over the chair and the stool), the texture, the vintage furniture...the list goes on.

{bottom left: made-over dresser via 101woonideeen}

Wha....wha.....wha....why didn't I think of that? Love that dresser. 'Nuf said. Oh wait, and the chair. How I'd love to have those chairs around our dining table. At least a couple. OK, moving on.

{kitchen cart to bar cart makeover via confetti style}

The bar cart is the epitome of do-able design.  Shelly over at Confetti Style took an old, kind-of-ugly kitchen cart and transformed it into a gold goddess ready for a cocktail party. I love the matte/glossy stripes. Now I just need to know when the party is.

Are you like me, a lover of color? Someone who tries to go neutral but in the end caves to a need for color? I love me some Scandinavian neutral interiors, but I just can't quite seem to pull it off. What about you?
 
Hope you're having a great day. The sun is shining here. Thankfully I got out for a quick walk this morning with the dog to enjoy the fresh air, because I'm not sure tomorrow is looking so good.
 
Ciao for now,
 
 
 




3 comments:

  1. I love that dresser!! It's so pretty and vibrant. I definitely think you can do different colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color...the bolder, the better. but I'm beginning to think that for my home to look even half that good, I would have to banish the kids to the garage. and we don't even have a garage. lol
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair!!!! I would LOVE to have 4 for our kitchen table!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...