Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Queso Queso Chorizo

 
So Good You Have to Say It Twice

Are you a cheese lover like me? Do you feel like your day isn't complete if it is bereft of cheese? Do like flavor to shift your taste buds into overdrive?

If you answered yes to all of the above, Queso Queso Chorizo is for you.

I know you'll be surprised when I tell you a found a recipe on Pinterest that had me drooling. And me being me, I had to put my own twist on it. Yes, I admit it, I have a hard time following a recipe to the T, that's why I have some 'baking' issues, since it requires preciseness.

This recipe however, can be tweaked to your heart's desire.

 
Queso Queso Chorizo
 
1 cup chorizo, diced 
2 cups of shredded cheddar
3 heaping tablespoons of low fat cream cheese
half a beer/6 oz. (something with a little bite....I used Amstel because it's what I had on hand)
1/8 cup diced jalepenos/fresh, jarred or canned- use more if you want it hotter
two diced roma tomatoes
handful of chopped fresh cilantro
 
Sauteed diced chorizo over low to medium heat until lightly browned, moving it around in pan to brown on all sides.  To the sautee pan, add 2 cups of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalepenos and half a beer. Cook and stir until cheese melts and melds together, adding more beer as you go to a nice creamy consistency.  Add tomatoes to the mix and stir until incoporated. Add cilantro a few minutes before you're ready to serve, and stir to incorporate. 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Serve with corn chips or your favorite cracker.
 
Easy and delicious.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
************************************************
 
Stop by our facebook page today to enter our giveaway for this print! A winner will be chosen next Wednesday.
 
 
 
We were supposed to get snow today, but it's rain. Blech. Ugly, gray day. I'd have prefered snow. 
 
Today I'm working on design and design revisions. Loving this project and the direction it's taken. Lucan could care less about all of that, he's busy sleeping behind me. You know how well he does that. He's an expert studio dog.
 
Ciao for now,
 
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. I love queso! Although I'm lazy so I usually just use a can of Rotel instead of cutting up tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too funny.............well I'm sure that would work just as well Sam.

      what's not to love about queso?

      Delete
  2. Ugh so yummmm!!! I'm a sucker for a good queso! This one looks fantastic, I will definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I NEED that queso NOW!!! Ahhhh now you did it . I have to go to the store I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum! Ultimate rugby night in feasting food to go with quacamole, nachos....oh my god we might have that for dinner tonight. What a discovery, and we have all those ingredients in the pantry/fridge too! Rubs hands in glee!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...