Friday, March 2, 2012

Wrap Up and Freeform Friday


Scenes From The Week

The beginning of the week was on the Spring-ish side. The hound and I got over to the field for a couple of walks. Don't get me wrong, it was brisk and I needed little gloves, but a sweatshirt was enough to keep me warm.

The sun was also shining on me and Lucan.  



I don't know why, but sometimes I really like these fuzzy photos. Plus, it has bubbles of light which I always love.

The sun cast long shadows.



And not so long ones.



Then came Winter. We got over a foot of snow. Gar was out plowing for 17+ hours. It's all good. It sure is pretty. Heavy, wet and stuck to the trees.



The forsythia and the lilac where weighed down, but it's nothing they haven't survived before. (They look even worse this morning).






Take Stock

KatEzat, a follower of the Muse and a fellow etsy shop owner, has a lovely blog 'life's jewels on a string'. She has a great feature you should know about, call Stock Take. It's a link party and if you have an online shop you can add a link to new stock you've added to your shop. If you're not a shop owner, don't dismay, you can still enjoy looking at the items added to her Stock Take Link Party

While you're there be sure to check out this revamp of a sweater that Kat just did. I am loving it!


You guessed it. This sweater was given some bling by Kat. What a great idea.

Fun News

I've been given an award! Woohoo. Not by one, but by two of Muse followers- Cari-Jane at HybridHandmade and Traci at AllThingsLuciRae. The Leibster Award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers that tickle your fancy.  Tomorrow I'll give you the full scoop and pass the award along, that's part of the fun. So be sure to tune in, you might discover a blog that should be on your reading list! Thanks gals! Backatcha.

Sunset Meadows

Sure was pretty.





Love this one.



Freeform Friday

I'm here to tell you, I loved The Monkees......Mickey, Mike, Peter and of course, Davy. Oh yes, Davy. Didn't we all have a crush on Davy? The Monkees were always good for a laugh with their silly antics and their songs still make me smile. Rest in peace Davy. Your songs will always make me smile. Click here for a little Daydream Believer. Embedding was disabled for this video.......sorry.


Thanks for being here gang, it means a lot to me. If you missed the latest Gotta Have It/Gotta Blog It Link Up Party and you have a shop or blog, get over there and link up!

Have a fantastic weekend. Got any plans?

peace out,







14 comments:

  1. Well done on the award - hope the Cuddlies might also qualify, but knowing you, you've got a whole heap of others who are more deserving! Having just been given a small one recently, I'm in the mood!!

    We're expecting a basinful of nasty weather this week-end - after a winter-that-never was, a Spring that might-have-been. that's the trouble with the white stuff: lovely to look at but a blight to deal with!

    All the best. Isobel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just never know isobel........stay tuned tomorrow!

      yuk, rainy weekend. although sometimes they can be a good thing. get those wellies out!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos! The snow was beautiful. Our last one is all melted now, but more is forecast for tonight.

    I was also a Monkees fan. I think I'll play some of their songs now while I bake my son's birthday cake! They are such fun songs. "Pleasant Valley Sunday" is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love pleasant valley sunday. the monkees ruled. poor davy :( he was darn stinkin' cute.

      Delete
    2. Have thanked you and (I think) liked at least one to your blog - you know me, don't really know what I'm doing. Was only suggesting tongue in cheek, you know! But am very grateful for the leg-up nevertheless!

      We've had the basinful so far today, rain, hail, snow and now lovely spring sunshine. If you can live in the UK, weatherwise, you can live anywhere!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shots! Have a beautiful end of the week, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kellie, it's hard to get a bad shot of our sunsets here. We really have some spectacular ones. Enjoy your week too. I hope it's bright and cheerful like the new pillows at Ada & Darcy!

      Delete
  4. Oh, loving your snow pics! Although I'm quite relieved to see snow drops coming up here, I am ready for spring now...

    Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog today, and congrats on your awards, hurrah!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been the oddest winter. had a blizzard on halloween, then nothing much to speak of....couple inches here and there. then over a foot on the first of march. last year we had nearly 10 feet of snow Kat!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks Red Guy for stopping by. I like the one of the stone too.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Photos! I love your shots of the sunset!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, thanks so much for stopping by! Love your shop!!! way to upcyle and make beautiful things at the same time.

      If you search Mercantile Muse for Sunset Meadows you'll find LOTS of gorgeous sunset pics!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...