Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Tree Oddessy, Give Me A Cuppa, And Who's Winning


Oh What An Adventure

When we left the house on Sunday we had no idea we'd be gone so long or that we'd have so much trouble finding a new tree farm. Had we known, we would have gone just down the road to Hampton Falls where there are a few and where our old tree farm used to be (unfortunately they retired the tree farm, which is a bummer because it was great). 

All that said, we thought we'd take a drive and have a look around.

Look around we did.

We found the oldest town forest in America just up the road 15 minutes in  Newington. Who knew?




We passed the bay which was a beautiful shade of blue with sun sparkling all over it.


Met a couple new friends along the way, as big as a house.


Passed lots of farms (just not Christmas tree farms) and lots of cows. We caught two cows necking- one kissing the other's neck. I missed getting shot of that one, because I was laughing too hard.



We drove all over hells bells. Found roads we never even knew existed. Which also brought us upon some pretty vistas.


We even ended up on a dirt road or two.


Yup. We were in the sticks.

Alas, we made our way back to a tree farm literally 5 minutes from the house.  We'd been there before, but they didn't have much of a selection. Luckily they planted more which the sunflowers were standing guard over.




Some were too skinny, while some were too big and fat.


I sent Gar back up to the corner where I'd spied a spruce. Prickly yes, but still my favorite Christmas tree. I love their habit with space in between branches, it's shows my ornaments off nice.




We both agreed it was it.


She's a beauty.




Yeah, yeah. I know. She's a beauty that currently stands underneath my snowman collection, with only half her lights. The other two strands that I bought last year have called it quits already.

Fingers crossed, I'll be dressing her up tonight.

Tea Lovers Unite

Just in case I haven't said it before, I love my tea in the morning. Irish breakfast tea, nice and strong. Just milk. No sugar.


My latest illustration, which will be available at Bates Mercantle Co., is More Tea Please.



If you have a tea drinker on your list, this print would looks great framed.



She's a Winner

Jess from KazooVintage is the winner of our latest giveaway.  Jess will choose from either personalized notecards from Bates Mercantile Co.......



.......or an ad on Mercantile Muse through the end of the year.

Keep an eye out for our next giveaway, soon to come.

Tomorrow marks the next Gotta Have It, Gotta Blog It Link Up so be sure to swing by if you have a shop or blog and link up. If you don't have a shop or blog, be sure to shop by and take a look around.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Make it a great day.


3 comments:

  1. I love adventures close to home. Beautiful scenery never hurts either. I must confess I am extremely thankful that my lights worked this year, too! I love the new print. You do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sarah, the light/tree story continues. Story tomorrow. Too funny in the end though.

    We have lots of great back roads around here, and we thankfully we like investigating. Otherwise, we never would have found the 'oldest town forest in nh'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I had no idea that I won the giveaway, I'm very excited to say the least!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...