Monday, March 24, 2014

Take A Walk With Us: Sunday Drivers

Out Of Office

Happy Monday all.

As suspected, I worked at my desk a lot of the weekend. This is all good, except by the time Sunday rolls around and I've been at my desk, in my home office/studio all week, I need to get the heck away from it.

So, yesterday, after spending a couple of hours at my desk in the morning, I asked G to take me for a ride. I didn't care where, just needed to get out and about anywhere.

We hit the road and headed south.  We drove down into Massachusetts driving through Newburyport, Newbury, Rowley and beyond.  Then we made a loop back towards Newburyport and made our way out to Plum Island, which is right on the coast and has a lot of marshland.  The sun was shining, and making the water sparkle like floating diamonds.



When we left, the sun was shining. Then withing 5 minutes clouds started to roll in. It was a real fight between the sun and the clouds, producing a weird hazy like glow at some points.


By the time we headed back north, the sun was winning out again.

When we got to Hampton, my hometown, the sun was almost winning out again.



It felt great to get out of the house and office.

Beyond that, the weekend included some pulled pork that I cooked in the crock pot (yum).  We also watched a couple of hockey games. Our Boston Bruins are on a serious win streak. 12 games in a row.  Best so far of any team this season. Tonight, we meet our rivals, the Montreal Canadiens.  Ah!  So, beyond always wanting to win against the Habs, I really want the Bs to win tonight to continue their win streak. I'll be holding my breath.

We did a little youtubing- oh yes, we did some happy dancing in honor of World Happy Day last Friday, and we watched lots of funny stuff that had us cracking up.  We also skyped with my best friend Tina in Cork. 

That pretty much sums up our weekend. What happened in your corner of the world?

By the way, just thought I'd mention that today is March 24th. It is spring. It is also currently 21F.

What the heck is with that?

Thankfully, the fire is going. However, we are getting a wee bit sick of hauling wood. Then again, at least we have wood to haul.

That's our story and we're sticking to it.

Have a great Monday.

Ciao for now,


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It is dipping back into the 20's here too. Rarrr. I made some crockpot pulled pork last weekend - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is with these temps? btw, we don't get to plant until Memorial day around here. not if we want things to survive

      Delete
  2. I love the composition of the last photo. Last week we were spoiled with one warm day (the kind where you don't need to wear a coat outside).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, i admit, it wasn't really well thought out composition. it was literally a drive by. that's called Boar's Head and it's in my hometown. We were driving by and I was aiming camera as to avoide getting any parts of the car!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...