Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What Inspires You Wednesday: Graphic Design

Layout



As I work on putting together the first issue of the muse, I'm gathering inspiration from any source I can including my stack of old magazines I can't seem to throw away. Among them are: Domino, Fresh Home, (both pictured below), Bon Appetit, Good Housekeeping, Real Simple. The list goes on.  And on.


 
There is something to love about the design and layout in each and every one. The use of color or lack thereof, the font choices, the way the design speaks to what the publication is about. So much goes into good design. I'm eating it all up because I want the muse to look beautiful and to have a timeless quality so it can evolve and grow.


Of course, the muse isn't the only design project I'm working on right now. I'm juggling logo projects, direct email campaigns and advertising design for clients.

I'm so happy to say that I love my work and that it inspires me most every day.  Even when I escape from my desk, no matter where I am, I'm always gathering inspiration for design.  I love that about what I do.

As far as the muse goes, it's coming along very nicely and great sponsors have hopped on board already.  The support I've received thus far has been incredible and makes me wonder, what took me so long?  If you want to join this group of talented people and advertise in the first edition of the muse, there is still space and time left.  Placement deadline is Friday at noon and ad deadline is Sunday at noon. There is more information here in yesterday's post.


So tell me, what is inspiring you today? And on the magazine front, what publications really speak to you and why- is it the subject, the design, the articles?

I hope you have a fantastic day.

Ciao for now,




1 comment:

  1. Well my dear, for starters your motivation is inspiring. Seeing a 'can do' attitude in people is always inspiring!
    What else, pouring through my photo archive and pulling out photos for the shop, thinking about blog design after the Blogging your way course....and the endless possibilities that although just out of my reach are sure to be in reach very soon!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...