Thursday, July 11, 2013

Feed Your Soul: Fuller Gardens/Part 3

 
Never Ending Roses
 
A couple of weeks ago, my mother and I visited Fuller Gardens, a local turn of the century estate garden. The Fullers created a beautiful garden that they have shared with the public for many, many years.
 
It's a beautiful place and we were lucky to go when the roses are in full bloom. If you missed the other posts, you can start your Fuller Gardens tour with us here and then here.
 
Today we leave the conservatory, back into the side rose garden and the dahlia garden. 
 
 
Oh my, that lilac rose. Heavenly.

A view back across the side rose garden to the conservatory.


I wish there was something to give you better scale of this yellow dahlia. It was nearly as big as a child's head. I've not idea how the stem even held it up.


Next time, we'll be heading into the Japanese Garden and the Front Rose Garden.

So much lovliness to feed the soul.


Today is my sister Gloria's (far right) birthday.  Happy birthday Glo!  Oh yes, us Dignam girl's new how to rock 80s perms, no doubt about it. Personally, I like the black plastic plant pot background, and our official photo shoot matching shirts, but that's just me.


Make it a great day, won't you? It's a great day to have.

Ciao for now,

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic collection of photos, of such a beautiful garden! The lilic rose is so beautiful.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!!! LOVE that lilac rose! Happy Birthday to your sis. I remember 80s perms--since I had naturally wavy hair, mine looked like a Brillo pad!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...