Friday, June 14, 2013

Inspired Design: Gallery Walls

Bathroom Progress

We're making progress on the bathroom overhaul we had to do because of the infamous shower leak.

I know I told you I was leaning towards a shade of Robin's egg blue for the new bathroom color, but I changed my mind. Completely.  I chose a lovely neutral called chocolate foam, which is really a shade of white. I did bright white on the window trim and the vanity to set it off.

I'm at the point where I'm deciding what I'll be putting on the newly painted bathroom walls and I know just what I'm going to do.



Here's some of my inspiration.

top row via: imgur; the design files 
 
 
Now, our bathroom is eency weency, but I'm still leaning toward doing a floor to ceiling gallery wall. Of course, I may change my mind on that too. I don't think it will make it look any smaller than it is and it may fool the eye creating more height.
 
I'm actually really excited to plan it out and choose the art and elements that will make up the gallery wall.
 
So, that's the plan. What do you think? I personally love gallery walls. Do you have one in your house or would you like one?
 
Did you see the nice cubby G built me in the bit of space we had left next to the shower. Extra storage is always needed in a small house. It will fit a bunch of towels, tp and such. Love it.
 
Hey, guess what? It's not raining and the sun is out. Holla!
 
Freeform Friday
 
So, as I told you, my parents gave us tickets to see Billy Idol and Steve Stevens as an early anniversary present. Boy, did we have a great time Sunday night. The best rock and roll show around. I can't even count how many times I've seen Billy at this point, but I can tell you this......the man has still got it. I didn't have much voice left after the concert.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  This video is a little rough because it was taken by someone in the audience at one of his concerts, but it's a really lovely song. Click here if you're reading via email.
 
 

 
  
Plans for the weekend include a campfire out back tonight. I haven't told G that yet, but I'm sure he'll be on board. Tomorrow night we're off to a graduation party.  Other than that, we'll be winging it.
 
How about you? Any plans for the weekend?
 
Whatever they are, have a good one.
 
Ciao for now,
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes...I love a bit of extra storage! And live concert anniversary present - how utterly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, are they tiny doors on that cupboard...wish mr.rugby was so handy. I have great ambitions to do such things myself- all the tools are there just need the time- when baby is a bit bigger. Love the colour by the way

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...