Poof, It's Gone.
My post was just eaten by the computer, so here's a condensed version. The Dublin visitors left this morning. That said, you can imagine we tried to make the very most of the past weekend.
Some of the things we did included:
- stroll through Prescott Park
- lunch at RiRa
- Friday evening visit across the street in Tom & Joan's driveway
- back to The Bates Estate for a campfire
- lots of laughter and many memories made. oh yes, the stories will be told for years to come.
- Saturday date with a Ralph & Cathryn's Lobster Bake
- Sunday BBQ at The Bates Estate with birthday cake and wish for Harry & Dad
- Made Sangria, Guac and rice/shrimp/caper salad
- Listened to everyone moan and groan over how good the banoffee was, thanks to bil Niall (I'll post the recipe sometime soon and you do not want to miss it....bananas, whipped cream, caramel, ginger snaps...bring on the goodness!)
- Got stung by a yellow jacket on my thumb. Ow.
- Sang happy birthday to godson Harry and Dad
- Made scrambled eggs with help of niece Leah
- Goodbye time with our Dubliners
It was a great visit, and hopefully it won't be too long before we see each other again in person. Until then, we're very grateful for Skype.
Dad's Big Day
It's my Dad's birthday today. He got to enjoy a little pre-birthday celebration at the cookout yesterday, complete with his serving of the banoffee with candles to blow out for wishing.
Here he is serving up one of his specialties....linguine with clamsauce. He's a heck of a cook.
cake photo via karaspartyideas.com
Hope you have a fantastic birthday Dad!
Thanks for being here everyone. It sure makes my day.
See you on the flip side,