Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To The Moon and Back


It Really Wasn't That Long of a Trip

Hi guys. Hope this finds you all well. I'm a little late today with the Muse. If I can't get the settings right, you may not get this to tomorrow. I seem to have a hard time with that if I post after a certain time, but I'll do my best.

This morning I was off to a meeting at Blue Moon Evolution, my friend Kath's Cafe & Restaurant to discuss some marketing initiatives for the coming weeks.  Kath's place is all about local, organic, or shall we say, real food. It's always a treat to dine there and see what Chef Ted has on the menu. It also makes me happy to know that our meal has been sourced 'as locally and organically' as possible, and that quite often it's from our farmer-neighbors or fisherman-neighbors just up the road a bit.

I just thought I'd give you a brain break, with some pictures of the ever lovely and delicious Blue Moon.

The bookcase always has such pretty displays. Today the tulips made me smile.


The mason jars were sweet too.


We met before the place was hopping this morning. At night Blue Moon Evolution is transformed from cafe, to wonderful restaurant with a warm, nearly romantic atmosphere. It's beautiful during the day, but even more so at night.


The salad bar, the best around, is an abundance of color and goodness.

 
People drive miles and miles for the super green kale salad. Talk about a powerhouse.

 Quinoa salad anyone? An ancient grain you must try. My favorite is in the back, tofu salad. I love that stuff.  Who knew I'd ever love tofu salad?


What? You need some dessert? OK. I'm not even sure what these were called because I had to walk away. Fast.


Last but not least, 'Soy Goddess', aka Kath, my gal pal and the woman behind Blue Moon.


This woman makes things happen. It's a joy to be a part of and witness. Plus, she's a super friend which makes her A#1 in my book.

How's your day going? Mine has been busy, busy. Can you feel it? The buzz that is? Things are happening here. Good things. I'll be able to share a few with you soon.

carpe diem, 




PS- I also received my grand-niece's birthday present in the mail today which I purchased from an etsy friend. Can't say who or what as it might spoil the surprise. I will say this, it is so-darn-stinkin'-cute I can hardly stand it.

5 comments:

  1. I love quaint restaurants like that! The food sounds and looks amazing! Hope your meeting was successful!
    xoxo, Duni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Moon has a vibe all it's own........it's made up of smiles and love, the smell of good food cooking, the sounds of people enjoying each other's company and food that was prepared for them with loves. it's all good. the meeting rocked btw!

      Delete
  2. That choccie bikkie looks mouth-wateringly good. Well done walking away: not sure that I could (or would) have done1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, can you believe how good those things look? oh my oh my oh my!

      Delete
  3. Oh, my gosh, that place looks wonderful! I love the little local places.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...