Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hustle and Bustle of the Hoildays

Christmas Cheer

Crazy, busy holiday hustle bustle kind of day. So I thought I'd just recap some of the color in our house this Christmas. This is just a taste.

Holly on what I call my 'window alter'. It's in front of me when I stand at the kitchen sink. It has wish bones, a glass from my Gram, a picture of my Great Grandmother and a beautiful wood cutting board that serves as the altar that was made by my friend's son.  I think, dream, pray and wish when looking at it.

It's all topped off with a little holly right now.



My 'original' stocking from childhood. It's the only one up right now.  I love it's little jingle bells.


My snowman colletion overflows to the beautiful cabinet my Dad made for me.  It alsohas my holidy tea pots.



I know I've shown you this before, but I really love the vintage ornament tree my mom gave me last year as she whittled her own colletion.



Last, but not least, our tree.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Loving the vintage ornament tree and your childhood stocking...both are chock full of vintage Christmas memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela,
    My stocking from childhood looks almost identical to yours! It's a bit tattered now though. Sweet memories of all six stockings hanging on the mantle.. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, as you can see, mine is a little worse for wear too. it's jingle bells have left marks. But in the end, it is the memories that it represents that are the most important thing. Enjoy your Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...