Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Morning Gone



Time Flies

Well, by the time I have my morning routine out of the way, it's already Sunday afternoon. Why do Sundays seem to go in the blink of an eye?

I've got one load of laundry on the line and another about to go out. Great drying weekend and we'll be to the bottom of the bin.

Then I'll hit the rest of my to-do list.

Beyond that, today is Gar's anniversary of coming to America. I think he might be up to 26 years since he left Dublin. That's a long time. Sure glad he did. Though it isn't easy being an ocean away from our Irish family. 

We usually do something to celebrate or at least mark the occasion. That might just be a really nice dinner of Grilled Lamb Sausage with some wine later. 

Got any big plans for this Sunday? Whatever they are, I hope it involves some downtime.

Take A Walk With Us This Weekend

What  a weekend. It's been breezy, but sunny and lovely. As expected we shot across to the field yesterday afternoon for a walk.

This is how we were greeted.



Lucan was pretty happy. King of the Hill.


Lots of big clouds, but plenty of sunshine too.



Blustery winds were blowing leaves all over the place.  Can you see them?


The boys were ready to go and waiting at the top of the hill for me.



I had to get one more shot of a pretty oak leaf on my way out.



Just love all the colors of Fall.

Don't miss the Muse this week. Tuesday we have a Be Our Guest tutorial with Daena from BadRabbitVintage and we'll also have another giveaway.

Have a great day in your corner of the world, and we will in ours.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. That's so nice that you do a special dinner for the immigration anniversary! It sounds like you've had a good weekend, too, although I agree that Sundays go by too fast. Did you see my to-do list on my blog?? Most is done or at least started, though it took the whole weekend. And then I'm just going to end up adding more too it! Enjoy the rest of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh Happy Anniversary! My husband and I have been celebrating our 'going out' anniversary. 16 years ago, this weekend, I was invited to birthday celebrations in Cambridge. A formal hall dinner and a punt down the river Cam later I fell hook, line and sinker. I still remember the walk home - like I was 'walking on air'. It's good to remember where we've come from and where we are now! Cheers to you and Gar! We are doing the same here in France with a bottle of Chardonnay (2010 since you ask, not old, but still good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, we scrapped the 'special dinner'. instead, i secretly invited the neighbors over for appies and a cocktail at the end of the day. he was surprised and happy. big dinner was leftover meatloaf that dad dropped off yesterday. it's all good.

    kristen, it seems the to-do list is never ending. i cross one thing off and add another!

    cari-jane, congrats on your happy day too. how nice that you are also making note of a special day. it's the little times and things we have to remember. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...